This blog was created for the Introduction to Professional Writing class (IMM 140) at the College of New Jersey- therefore, you can expect it to be kind of professional. Right.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Sooo...welcome to my weblog!

Hello. My name is Nicole, and this is my first "serious" weblog post. (Actually, I attempted my first "serious" post a few hours ago, but accidentally lost it somehow, and am now trying to recreate the glory of my original entry.) I've been keeping a personal weblog for almost a year, but I doubt that professors and potential employers care about my weekend activities and what hot boys I've been kissing.

I'm a sophomore at the College of New Jersey. I created this weblog for my Introduction to Professional Writing class- a requirement for my major, which coincidentally, is professional writing/journalism. (I'm also pursuing a minor in women's and gender studies, if you're interested.) I'm just now getting my act together regarding my prospective career options.

I'm afraid that it's too late to start getting serious about my future. In class last week, Professor Kim Pearson told us about two TCNJ graduates who now work for "Elle" and "Jane", respectively- two of my absolute favorite magazines. (Annemarie Conte has my dream job.) It's nice to know that my TCNJ degree won't necessarily resign me to a lifetime at the "Gloucester County Times". But I need to get some internships and some real experience if I want to make it in my chosen field. I can't write about local farmstands and edit the most ignorant, infuriating pro-Bush "letters to the editor" for the rest of my life. Or for five seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home