This blog was created for the Introduction to Professional Writing class (IMM 140) at the College of New Jersey- therefore, you can expect it to be kind of professional. Right.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

I feel a little bit cool...

...And this is why.

I e-mailed Annemarie Conte my phone number, and she called me on Tuesday evening. She gave me a lot of hope that I could someday end up with a sweet job like hers.

She got her internship at JANE during her sophomore year of college...aaaand she didn't have a ton of prior experience. (Me too!) She worked for the copy department, and managed to work her way into writing from there. (She suggested that I do the same.) After graduation, she got hired full-time by JANE, and she said that they usually hire a lot of interns. (Weeee!) And! Her only internship was with JANE, though she knows a lot of people who had several internships at different publications.

So I e-mailed the internship department at Fairchild, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Why do internship people hate me?

I'll send my (not totally impressive) resume there. Annemarie said it's easier to get in during the school year, "because anyone can move to New York during the summer". (Well, anyone with money, I guess.)

So yeah. I guess we'll see how that goes.

I love JANE magazine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home